Hair Removal India
Welcome to this exclusive and dedicated for hair removal in India. Here you will find detailed information, guides, tips and reviews for products that will help you get rid of unwanted hair.
Now these unwanted patches can be anywhere, from the thighs, the chest, to even the groin region. Since our society is one that is obsessed with beauty and aesthetics, it is essential for Indian men and women to take care of their appearance, of which smooth skin is an integral part.
The need of getting rid of unwanted patches exists in both men and women in India. But it is fact in society here that women must have smooth skin, minus any hair, since it is said to be ugly and unhygienic.
While we may not agree, fact of the matter is that most Indian women opt for this procedure every month. Now the main idea behind adopting such a schedule is the desire for the effects to be long lasting. It can therefore be said that there are two basic types that exist in our country:
This type involves the long term sustainable after the follicles have been removed. It is generally more expensive when compared to temporary methods, since it generally involves a procedure that can only be conducted in a clinic by trained professionals. This includes methods like Electrolysis, Thermolysis, Laser, etc.
Without a doubt the permanent methods have some distinguishing advantages over their temporary counterparts. Some of those advantages are:
- Using methods that come under this type are the only real solution to battle excessive growth in areas you are not comfortable with.
- After undergoing these treatments, whenever you do begin to grow hair again, it will be very thin, which will eventually stop altogether.
- Once the growth begins to thin, you would need very few additional sessions to stop the growth completely.
- It is especially useful for hard to reach areas like the back.
That being said, it would be advised that you also take note of the disadvantages of opting for the permanent type of methods in India.
- Not everyone can afford to go in for these expensive treatments. Some of them can cost as much a lakh rupees.
- Some of these methods can be really painful. If you make the mistake of stepping into a clinic which has poorly trained professionals, it might very well turn out to be a decision you regret for some time to come.
- Improper treatment can result in some serious side effect that includes burns, lesions, discoloration, that may continue for months together.
The temporary type are used by far more women in India, primarily since it is freely available throughout the country, and is also inexpensive when compared to the longer lasting type. These methods are quite and easy to use, and can be done at home itself. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages opting for solutions that come within the temporary type of methods:
- It’s very easy to use, which means that everybody from men, women, and even teenage girls can make use of these methods without much caution.
- They are readily available in the markets. Women and men in all parts of India have access them, which makes is the most popular and preferred type.
- There is hardly any pain involved when you opt for any temporary treatments.
- Minus pain, these short-term solutions take hardly any time to get done with.
If you are interested to find out some of the disadvantages of these treatments, the answer is quite simple – there is only one. You will need to repeat your chosen procedure over and over again in a vaguely defined schedule. Some of the solutions that are temporary in nature include Tweezing, Shaving, Mechanical Epilators and Chemical Depilatories. Waving is a methods that falls somewhere in between since it tends to reduce growth over a period of time.
There are quite a few temporary hair removal methods in India that are capable of getting rid of any unwanted growth without much trouble. The cheaper brands offer rudimentary solutions that just about do the job you buy them for, while the costlier ones are known to come with the extra advantage of protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, and also found in some top-of-the-line brands is the addition of components that moisturize the skin resulting in a natural healthy glow.
Even within the gamut of these temporary treatments, there are those that keep unwanted hair from sprouting up for longer as compared to the rest. Another consideration that one ought to remember is that different parts of the body might require different, somewhat specialized, treatments. It is a good idea to consider all factors before you go ahead with any one given method, since the resultant effects may not be favorable as expected.
Each of the below mentioned solutions come with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. It is therefore advised that you take into consideration all aspects of your requirements before going ahead. Let’s take a look these treatments in greater detail.
There are primarily two types of temporary hair removal methods in India. Epilation is used for getting rid of the entire hair, which means from roots of the fibers itself. On the other hand, Depilation is meant for removing them just from the surface of the skin.
Below are some of the options that you have when considering opting for epilation:
- Threading: Performed by an experienced practitioner only, he/she uses cotton threads to remove the strands from the follicles itself. While it technically can be used on any part of the human body, most men and women in India tend to prefer this solution for the face. Benefits of going for threading includes it relatively cheap price, and also the fact that is of great help to get to delicate areas on the face, like your eyebrows. One should also note that this method is known to be a little painful, and also causes a some skin irritation.
- Tweezing: This is the most popular epilation type option where tweezers are used to complete the job. It is without a doubt the easiest way to shape eyebrows, and to clear the face and other similarly small parts of the body. It would not work for larger patches, and can be a little painful for people with low pain threshold.
- Waxing: Waxing may appear to be quite frightening to a whole lot of people, but the truth is that it isn’t all painful. A strip of cloth is dipped into hot wax, which is pressed and placed over the body. The strip is then just pulled off in one swift action. This procedure can be done in their own home, or by a professional in a salon. There are quite a few do-it-yourself kits available in the Indian markets today. While it is a great option for those who value their privacy, it is known to be quite painful for most women in India. Apart from these points, waxing is fast and inexpensive, with results that can last for a good 2-4 weeks. Remember to be careful with the wax since it can burn your skin, and also be careful while pulling the strip off.
While an effective option, waxing is known to be unusally messy, and sometimes, can also rip a little skin off in the process.
Here are some of the procedures that may be included under the Depilation type solutions:
- Shaving: This is one of the cheapest and simplest choices, which is also fairly effective. It can be done at home easily, and is convenient enough to be portable. If anything, the only major cost involved here is the need to replace razor blades quite often. It is especially known to cause skin irritation and other side effects like razor burns, dry skin, and ingrown hair. The results that are achieved through shaving are known to last for a very short duration. In fact, it would probably need to be repeated daily.
- Creams: These too are quite a popular option for men and women in India. It generally contains a chemical compound that dissolves the follicles itself. There are many variations of the regular cream available in the market today. While it can easily be done at home, not a lot of people are comfortable with the idea of applying a chemical to their skin, regardless of the fact that it is completely safe to use. The results can last for a good seven to fourteen days. In some cases, it has been found to affect the user and cause skin irritation, and maybe a rash. Most of the creams tend to have a pungent odor given the presence of chemicals, which is a leading reason for people to opt for other treatments.
Permanent Hair Removal Methods In India
Not a lot of people go in for permanent hair removal in India given the high cost. Another reason why these solutions are not all that popular can be attributed to their availability, which is restricted to only larger urban cities. But then in these metropolitans men and women have begun to look for clinics and hospitals that offer these solution with renewed interest.
A common doubt in an individual’s mind is related to which treatment is best for their specific issue. Well the answer to that is quite simple – you need to look around, and read more what each of these treatments have to offer to you.
Each of these choices have their own set of advantages of disadvantages. The best person to make this decision for you is you yourself. Let’s take a look at the three most popular options in India today…
Laser Hair Removal In India
The number of laser removal clinics have been increasing in this country over the last decade, with the prices of the medical technology required to carry out procedures falling. Scientists worldwide have experimented with various ways to use laser technology for conducting surgeries.
It was only in towards the later part of the 1990s that some significant breakthroughs were made to the benefit of dermatology.
Wondering how this solution works? Referred by scientists as “selective photothermolysis”, which basically means that the lasers specifically targets a specific compound in your skin. The compound in question here is known as melanin, which is responsible for the color and pigment for the skin. Melanin is also essential for the production of hair in the first place.
As expected, this treatment is known to be quite costly for the Indian middle-class. The reason for the high price is the cost of the equipment and a professionally trained staff that is essential for running a clinic. One may argue that the cost should not be factored in since a considerable amount is saved if one were to use razors, and other similar procedures.
Electrolysis is recognized as the very first method that has been characterized as solution for permanent hair removal. This process entails the use of electricity to kill the follicles, which in turn helps the hair to just fall off on its own.
But then you might wonder whether this is the best option for you since it is electricity after all? This concern is addressed in the procedure by inserting a thin metal prove in the pores, after which a strong localized electrical current is discharged to target and kill the follicles.
There are three types of electrolysis treatments that you can opt for in the country.
- Galvanic Removal
Galvanic removal is performed with the insertion of a thin wire, referred to as a probe, into the follicles. Following this, this probe is used to produce sodium hydroxide via the induction of a direct electrical current.\
Thermolysis utilized head to for to kill the follicles present in the lower layers of the skin. Radio wave technology is used to do this. The ideal temperature to initiate this procedure is at 48 degrees Celsius, which is 118 degrees Fahrenheit.
The probe is inserted up to one millimeter into the surface of the skin to make it as effective as possible.
The blend method for removal has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages. It is a combination technique that uses both radio frequency technology and direct electrical currents to remove hair from most parts of the body.
Browse this site for more information about the types, methods, treatments, options, guides, and tips for hair removal in India.